If I'm not careful, Twitter will retrain me to write in short Hemingway-esque sentences. Those quick feeds during the day can be hazardous to normal blogging sensibilities. While the day was ordinary in the work sense, I did learn how to use LinkedIn as the next move in business networking online instead of social networking online. It's fascinating to see who else at work uses it but I'll keep it for idea browsing for now. I did find an excellent job in Beirut working for the largest construction company. The allure of it all wasn't quite enough to entice me to live there no matter how much I enjoy visiting Lebanon. Still, tempting...
Cruising the Danube
Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin. Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week. Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates. Looking over at the dam on the river. View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.
I just signed-up for LinkedIn for some reason. That is as far as I got.
ReplyDeletei am on linked in if you want to connect
ReplyDeletelola