Land of the Lost

End Credits. Yes, the end credits were what I liked best about Land of the Lost. Movie reviews return not with good movies like Wolverine and Star Trek (liked them) but with a dud. Sorry about that but sometimes I'm compulsive about seeing movies that I shouldn't.

Land of the Lost was a good idea that went wrong somewhere. The revamp of Holly and Will characters to adults was fine. Cha-ka and Enik, and Dr. Marshall were awkward jokes that didn't work. In fact, most of the one-liners in this movie might have read good on paper but in delivery feel flat and generated no laughs in the audience of maybe a dozen yesterday.

The plot adapts elements of the TV show but jumbles them so together that any cohesiveness is non-existant. If you were thinking of watching this, save the money. Even trapped on an airplane, if this was my only movie, I wouldn't watch it again.

I realize this sounds harsh. Did I like anything? Leonard Nimoy was the voice of The Zarn and that was the best thing in Land of the Lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruising the Danube

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list