June 1, 2010 Ho Chi Minh City

After two weeks in HCM City, I finally got out and went to a temple. You'll have to wait until tomorrow (my tomorrow) for photos since my camera is in my room and I am not. But, it was a cool out of the way place and we were the only two tourists there.

Two weeks of walking the same path to/from hotel/work has made me nearly invisible to locals. I've melded into the backdrop of the city and the hawkers and beggars don't see me anymore. I rather like HCM City. It doesn't have a lot to offer but what is offered is oddly enough, a peaceful place to have a business trip. I still wake up at 6:00 am to the sound of boats going down the river and taxis fighting the commute and that's okay.

Nearly 10:00 pm now. I have to get up at 3:00 to see a couple of people off and then back to sleep before time to make a side trip on the way in to work. Photos as I have time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog