Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list

First the backstory. In about a week I'll be boarding a cruise ship (this year's Cruise Trek) in Romania. When I booked the flight many months ago, I had a brilliant idea to go in a week early to Vienna and use it as a base to spend a few nights each in Albania and Bosnia. Fast forward to 6 weeks ago and the Covid restrictions, flight schedules, and hotel prices made me give up. Changing the flight to Vienna would result in penalties and possibly fare increases so I made the best of it and thought, where can I go in Austria where I've never been? Innsbruck, hmm. Can I get a free flight from Vienna? Yes! Can I get a free hotel room? Yes. Check!

The city is picture perfect though. Nestled in a valley between two mountain ranges, it's green, colorful, and everything you could want a place to be when the purpose is total work decompression. No major sightseeing, no expectations. You, a city and a view. It's walkable and small. You've got to look up, left and right, and peer around the corners to see the charm.

Verdict after day 1: Normally I'd see everything in two days but I'm glad this is a three day stay where there's no pressure to do anything but relax and enjoy!



























Comments

  1. Anonymous4:49 AM

    A blog post!!! I love it. JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JM - this trip blog is at your request!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:34 AM

    You're blogging again! KR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the trip. Did you have an old post notification alert you?

      Delete
    2. On FB you said your blog was live. Keith

      Delete
    3. Yes, I did. Not many people caught that. Of course I didn't post a link either to keep the blog contained to the usual friends and family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog