New Suitcase

Anyone who really knows me, understands that I can't cope with bugs especially if those bugs look anything remotely like a cockroach. So those people will all completely get my 2 hour obsession with seeing a bug in my suitcase, the trauma of dumping out all the contents and doing a search, repacking everything in ziplock bags and then jumping on the luggage to try and squash the bug or get it to run out. The bug was moved in and secure in one of the many cracks and seams. I went inside the airport but nothing was open. So I repacked as little as possible into that bag, moved everything else to the bug-free bag and thought about how I was going to have to unpack in the bathtub of the next hotel.

Luckily when I went to T2 to check-in a luggage store was open and waiting. I know I had an obsessed look because all three people were staring at me opening suitcases and checking seams to make sure I could find something that would be semi bug proof or at least easy to spot bugs. I found one and the way these things go, it wasn't cheap. But the peace of mind that I have now instead of the next 5 hours of imagining all sorts of bug romping was worth it. I now own a polycarbonate, light-weight, 4 wheeled (external so no bug cracks allowed) white suitcase.

I feel much better and the sales lady took the old suitcase so that solved the whole problem of alerting security if I abandoned the remains. Few can understand. Those of you that do, you'd do the same.

Comments

  1. I completely get it! The new one looks really nice...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list