Not the Palm Trees

Today's photo was several bright green palm trees against the backdrop of a bright blue sky with random rainclouds. I might have had something thoughtful to say but I somehow deleted the photo. The back-up was a picture of a salmon ironwork above the salmon river in Ketchikan. I somehow deleted it in the editing process and thought the secondary photo of the dead salmon wouldn't hold up on it's own. So let's talk Totem.
I confess, I've been to the outside of this building twice and never went in. I'm sure that inside are wonderful displays of 19th century totem poles. The arts and crafts section must be fascinating but I like to be outside. These totem poles looked pretty cool to me. The Totem Heritage Center preserves and promotes tradtional arts from several different cultures in Alaska.
Still with me? I saved the dead fish. The river was full of ones that just got tuckered out going upstream. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list