Endeavour at LAX

What were the odds that I would be on a plane departing LAX at the same time the Endeavour was scheduled to touch down?  First we saw the flyover and then every flight was boarding fast so pilots, crew, and passengers could be there to watch the landing.
Our plane was pulling out of the gate right as the Endeavour flight landed. I saw the plane go by but couldn't get the landing photo. Pulling out onto the runway was a traffic jam of vehicles headed to the Space Shuttle.
If I had known Nichelle Nichols was there to give a special speech, I may have tried to jump out of my plane! As many LAX employees that could get away were on the building tops watching the landing.
Even business must go on around the landing. How cool is it to have an official NASA aircraft bring Endeavour home?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list