Home Repair is Endless!

I bought this house in 2006 with the intent of living here for 5 years and selling. 5 became 11 and every year for the last few years I keep saying I want to sell.  The house itself is only 17 years old but has come to the end of the first round life cycle and is starting to break down. So in order to force myself to get it fixed up to sell, I'm going to set a Spring 2019 sell date. That will give me time to get repairs done, enjoy them myself for a bit and then get out.

One of the many is pictured below. The patio sliding door replacement. That was a doozy. Should have been an easy glass pop in and out but of course the original was an off size and stock didn't quite fit. Then the screen door had to be custom ordered and I went the summer without a screen. Now I have one. Yay.
What else? Shower enclosure replaced. Windows washed and screens repaired. Smoke alarm replaced. Bathroom sink faucet fixture broke a few weeks ago, had all four fixtures totally replaced. Today is the house fan. Been down since who knows when. Turned it on in April and nothing happened. Turns out the circuit board is fried. Ugh.  I hope this is the last of the big costly projects and I can start on the Handyman fixer up projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list