San Diego Zoo

For mid-June, it was surprisingly chilly in Balboa Park on Saturday. Even after 2 hours of wandering the zoo, I still needed my jacket. But what is bad for me seemed pretty good for the animals and they were not hiding. The zoo has been making changes for over a year now. It's only been a few months since I was there and now a giant lion greets everyone.
The baby leopards were on display and playing like crazy. Their constant movement meant every picture was a blur.
The baby hippo decided to declare a bit of independence from mom and left the water for a bit of sun.
 Even the tapir was moving around.
 On to reptiles and amphibians - this guy was watching the world go by.
 And this tortise decided it was a good time for a cool down.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list