Petco Park is the place to be for Sunday afternoon baseball! I was at the game yesterday (Padres lost to the Mets) and mostly liked the new park. It took 7 innings just to get used to the fact that I was watching the home team. It really felt like an away game with everything at the ballpark being backwards. The trolleys were packed so arrive early and leave late to stay free of sardine syndrome. The game was entertaining enough that I didn't wander the park. Of note, they actually serve Red Hook ESB at the stands so we have a choice other than Bud! Go team! I had a veggie dog at the Friar Frank's stand and didn't try any other food. I'm looking forward to the next game. Go Padres!
Cruising the Danube
Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin. Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week. Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates. Looking over at the dam on the river. View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.
Comments
Post a Comment