Day 1: In the Compound

Being bored in a hotel is something I'm used to but since I was stuck inside, I wanted to find things to blog for you. The hotel lobby is in the interior and you can look down from all the halls. As I looked down I saw a classic car but there was such a large group of boys in front of it, I decided to wait until they left to take a picture. I got into the glass elavator and since there were a few other people inside, I decided to move to the edge so I could look down.

Strangeness happened then. A few of the guys started waving at the elevator. I looked behind me to see who they were waving at and realized the other people were not visible, only me. So I did the normal thing and waved and then the entire group waved back. I felt like a monkey in the zoo being applauded for doing something.

I got out of the elavator and people came over to shake my hand but since they didn't speak English, I'm not really sure why they wanted to do that. Since this was way more freaky for me than the lady in Shanghai, I made a beeline for the restaurant to seek sanctuary.

The car picture will have to wait.
Pomegranite Juice followed by an important lesson. When a Pakistani waiter tells you a dish is not too spicy, remember that he has a different spice scale in mind!

Back in the room I kept hearing strange scuttling outside my room. I'm on the 8th floor so I though maybe the window washers were finally here. (We were advised this was the day and to keep the curtains closed for privacy.) No, it was a group of pigeons. This guy is under the window ledge and I'm looking straight down. The metal sheet 7 stories below is covering a party area.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog