Travel Vortex

The last three days have kept me swept up in work and no time to remember life outside. But every morning I make time to skim the Viet Nam News and see what is going on. Surprising to me is even though this is The National English Language Daily very little information about Vietnam exists in the paper. No politics, no social commentary, and sometimes it can be a couple of days before anything of relevance is in the paper when it comes to Vietnam. Today was a switch as the the Vietnam president is hosting a visit with the Palestinian president in Hanoi. The photo looks stiff and uncomfortable.

Inside the paper are articles on parenting skills, nutrition, and lifestyle improvements being made. Everything else is a recap of news around the world.

Watching the barges go along the river is about as exciting as it gets when not at work. I'm looking forward to seeing something beyond my short walk to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list