Lock the Car Doors

Didn't all parents say that? Go to the post office "lock the doors", go to the dentist "lock the doors", go to the grocery store "lock the doors." I sure heard this growing up but I guess not everyone listened because today as I pulled into the Carlsbad Ralph's, I saw 3 cop cars surrounding two people on the side of the road. Since this is an oddly normal sight for this area, I briefly wondered what they had done and pulled into the parking lot.

10 minutes later, I had the answer. The speaker came on and the store manager told everyone that the cops had just arrested suspects for opening unlocked cars in the parking lot and stealing items from the cars. If you had left your car unlocked and returned to find yourself robbed, you were to go to the front of the store.


The guy behind me panicked, the cashier one aisle over panicked (you work there and leave your car unlocked all day?). Others said "Huh? What did they say?"

It's Carlsbad. It's a beach.

Lock the doors.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:23 PM

    It is likely that the cashier may have suddenly remembered she left her child strapped in the car seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. At that Ralphs, I wouldn't be surprised!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list