El Teleferiqo - Quito

El Teleferiqo is an aerial cable car that takes you from a base of 2,950 meters to 4,100 meter way above the city and at times above the clouds. From the main hotels this is only a 15-20 minute taxi ride ($4-$5 one-way) and $8.50 to take the trip. Forgetting for a moment that I was at altitude, I stormed up the steps at my usual pace only to realize 2/3 of the way up, that this wasn't a good idea. No use passing out before I even get to buy my ticket! One up you do have great views and if the day was sunny I could have seen all the volcano's.
 Even so, it was a different landscape in each direction. The peak is near the Ruco Pinchincha Volcano (not any of these photos) and in sight are Volcano's but since there was a no "you are here" mountain locator, I haven't a clue to my surroundings.
 From city, to arid, almost desert and then green farmlands.
 And at the very top, a splash of color!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog