Biopsy Results are In

And when a mole is not just a mole but Basal Cell Carcinoma. A slow growing non-melanoma cancer. I get why I have skin cancer, I was a tan goddess in my youth. I don't get why it's on the inside part of my eye by my nose. Sun almost never touches that part of the face.

So due to the sensitive location I will have it removed using Mohs Surgery where the doctor removes the skin layer by layer, looks at it under a microscope until all traces of the cancer are gone.

I can deal with that. The hard part? Staying in one place for 4-6 weeks post surgery! I have not stayed in one place for more than two weeks in years. So I'm trying to rush this in the first week of June so I'll be clear of the post op period in time for my July cruise (British Isles this year). The doctor likes the idea of waiting until after the cruise. Ugh. That means no Australia  (fun) and no Honduras (work). Hmmm. There is a Toronto trip I've been thinking about avoiding though and that's in August so this might work out after all.

Well you'll all see it as it happens. This is at least a month away. In the meantime, it's time to enjoy the normal things like Padres on Friday night and going to see Al Stewart in concert Saturday night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog