ABA beer review that I posted on beeradvocate.com

As few months ago I would have rated this beer a 3.0 based on the amount of alcohol. What I've found over the summer is that this beer is extremely cravable. It does look great in the glass. You can always spot your Arrogant Bastard (ABA) in a crowd of beers.

The smell is distinctive and strong but not overwhelming. So far, just by sight and smell, you know it's going to be good. Taste, well on a hot day when you want to cool off, the taste is perfect. A strong thirst quenching ale. On a cold day, the first sip comes off as strong and it takes a couple to get re-introduced to the beer. In fact, you almost need someone to introduce you to your first ABA in order to fully appreciate the beer. I have found that ABA goes better with friends.

Mouthfeel - ABA hits the mouth hard at first. You know it's there and it sends the beer senses tingling. After the first sip, it just feels right.

Drinkability - well I'm a light-weight drinker but even I can power down two of these. Now a word of caution, ABA goes down well after drinking other types of beer but if you drink it first, other beers don't always work as followers. I find that ABA on tap is more drinkable than out of the bottle. It does pair well with food, especially the finger food sort.

My conversion came after attending the Stone 7th anniversary party this summer. After a few of these in the hot sun, I was converted to ABA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list