I've settled into my Palm Desert hotel for the night and am happily munching away on a salad as I try and ignore the fact that most of the roads on my route are flooded. It's still raining and as long as it doesn't full out storm, the roads should dry out by the morning. I checked the weather in Carlsbad and it's raining hard so I'm glad I put out all the emergency towels in case the downstairs gets flooded again. The mini-sinkholes were filling up with water as I left but since Yucca Valley has one 20 ft long and 10 ft deep, I'm doing okay.

On to baseball. I'm on the camp of "How stupid is that name?" The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, CA. Since when have the Angels ever represented LA? LA has the Dodgers and Anaheim has the Angels. It will be interesting to see the fan reaction at the ballpark.

As for the new task force of Clinton and Bush Sr. to raise money for the tsunami victims, I think it's the smartest thing that W. has done in a long time. For the record, I found it very easy to donate to the tsunami relief fund at Amazon.com and their Red Cross fundraiser. I hope the people in the disaster areas find help and relief soon.

Well TV calls, so that's all for tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list