The turkey is digested and the bag is packed once again. Somehow my suitcase for a 2 week business trip to Samoa is about 30% lighter than my suitcase for a 2 week cruise. Amazing how that all works out! I've managed to complete my homework assignments for both this week and next so I'm in good shape for a while. So here it is another Saturday night that finds me at a LAX hotel contemplating the joy of the 4:30 am wake-up call and a 18 hour day of travel.

Tidbits of today's news that interested me:

Kuwait's government is giving the ministry wider authority to crack down on women working after 8:00 pm.

Saudi Arabia women are protesting the lashing sentence of the woman who was raped. As a result, many women are starting to remove the veil that covers their eyes. This doesn't seem like much but it is.

Lebanon has no president and the military tanks have rolled into the city to prevent the start of any violence that might lead to civil war.

Malibu is burning down again. I packed up my fireproof safe before I left in case San Diego gets some wildfires too.

As I leave for the island of nothing but palm trees I can guarantee that this blog will be filled with photos of palm trees for the next two weeks as I try to find something to fill the pages for you all.

Comments

  1. I was watching CNN when they switched to live broadcast of the Lebanon president leaving. The news in Europe covers more stories than we hear about in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog