I Hit a Guy Today

Lesson Learned from Florence - Pickpockets are working harder than ever to get you money. It's hot. I didn't eat. I was irritable and not in the mood. So when the guy behind me kept getting closer when the sidewalk had room for 4, I sensed something was up.

Not being totally sure I didn't do anything but when I sensed that personal space was way to close and hands were about to touch my backpack, I swung my right hand around and flat out hit this guy on the chest.

Not lightly either. I made good contact with a resounding smack. Then I was so startled that I did that I jumped. The guy was pretty astonished and either played dumb or was dumbstruck. Not sure which. Then, not wanting confrontation I apologized and told him I was crazy.

Score: Karen 1 - Pickpocket 0.

Comments

  1. Next time make sure you bring your two 6'4" brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    You go girl! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:31 AM

    The best defense is either a good offense or to plead insanity.

    Or both.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about this during the flight and I'm pretty sure he was going for the backpack. The sidewalk was too wide and if he was close enough for contact (at my left shoulder) then that was too close. It really was a Jackie Chan moment.

    As a side thought - when I was going thru security at GVA, the agent asked if anything in my luggage could be construed as a weapon. I had to hesitate because in reality anything can be a weapon as we have all learned from Jackie Chan.

    To be on the safe side, I replied "no".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog