About in Geneva

An unexpected bonus of staying in Geneva is the the free bus card you get with the hotel. This eliminates the need to find coins, validate passes, and worry about taxis. The buses are everywhere.

Except when they're not.

The directions seemed simple, go out on the main road to the store and go up the stairs to the bridge and get on #29 to Old Town. The only problem is that the bridge is under construction, the stairs closed off and #29 missing in action. So the first hour of my day was spent walking around in circles before I gave up and walked to the airport to catch the wonderful #10 which showed up on time and took me out and about.The downside was that I was late getting downtown and missed the city tour that I wanted to take until the trolley came along. Normally, I stay away from the tourist trolley but my legs were sore, it's really hot out and I wore too many clothes, and the trolley was pretty inviting at that moment and on the way to old town so on I went. Sadly, my Trolley seat was not by an open window but a glass window and photo ops were hard to find. A statue above and the cannon below. The winding streets were the best but not easy to photograph from the Trolley.
After the tour I walked some more until I realized I was doing that thing where you walk for miles, forget to drink water or eat, and then you almost passout.
So I went into the COOP department store and headed for the cafeteria. I was starving and lunch was perfect! Tomorrow my goal is to get to the lake boats without walking a few extra miles to find them!

Comments

  1. Looks like your having a perfect time there. So I assume that you didn't pack shorts so you can't walk around looking like an American tourist yet be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:52 PM

    Whats the deal with you and big guns?
    JM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone spoke to me in French and laughed when I replied in English. I blended in fairly well except locals were wearing little clothing due to heat wave.

    Big guns - well it is really hard to take a bad photo of one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog