To Explain My Day

My only concern about the Hepatitis A shot was a sore arm. Turns out, the arm is great. I carefully read the section of the paper about mild, moderate, severe reactions and was reassured that any reaction to the vaccine is quite rare.

Under moderate to severe I read: fast heart beat, dizziness. Hmmm. I had that. Decided to drink some diet coke to make it go away. Read furthur: don't drink caffiene. Stopped.

Read: Call a doctor right away. Went home instead to lay down. Felt better. Looked up the vaccine and wasn't so dizzy or lightheaded and decided I was imaging things because I had read them.

Went to pick-up Mondo and we went to Hillcrest to see Moon. Donated money to a guy working to repeal Prop 8. Went into Whole Foods, looked around. Heart rate was racing, figured it was the walking.

Ended up in the theater and 30 minutes later I was about to pass out on the floor. But the floor was gross so Mondo and I left (bummer because the movie holds your attention) and walked across the street to Scripps Mercy.

Now you know how you go to ER on any weekend any you see a packed room and you know it will be hours before your name is called? I was called the moment I turned in my clipboard. So, after an EKG, a chest x-ray, and the monitor, it was concluded that I have a 100% healthy heart. Good to know. I do not have a healty reaction to all vaccines. Also good to know. My shots and IV contained benedrine to combat the reaction, something I don't know to combat nausea, and something else to combat the the new side effects the other drugs were doing to me. Some nice low dose anti-anxiety med so I wouldn't care anymore that my heart was erratic and breathing shallow and that it was freezing with 4 blankets even though everyone else was hot.

Mondo couldn't believe it but both Dr. and Nurse pronounced me fit to drive, fit to have a margarita (I didn't) and fit to travel to Mexico in the morning.

So there's my Sunday. Oh - the theater gave us passes for having to miss the movie so we can return next weekend. And a big shout out to the entire team at Scripps Mercy because they were awesome!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list