Kenya at Last!

Started on Thursday in San Diego and finally on Tuesday I'm in the landscape of African trees. And not to mention a place where a possibly stuffed elephant was on the side of the road. Couldn't figure that one out and decided not to ask the cab driver. After 2 days of snow the heat of Nairobi is welcome.

Or it was for a minute until the taxi turned into an oven, traffic was stopped, and exhaust from the vehicles was going up my nose. We've settled into the Intercontinental, didn't get robbed, kidnapped, or even questioned at customs. All was easy!

I think that in the last 9 days, I have spent 7 on airplanes and have another plane to go in the morning to get to Lion Camp. Turns out that anti-malarial meds don't repel fleas. Bummer. I was expecting to get bit in Kenya but the hotel in Washington had the bugs. Not bed bugs. Just bugs wanting to get away from the snow.

Will spend the next few days in the Lion Camp and post when I can.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Damn fleas, say hello to the Lion King for me will ya? I can hear Elton John singing in the background.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list