Mistletoe - proof I've lost my mind

Mistletoe isn't the reason why holiday shopping is stressful. Not at all. Instead it's the gauntlet of tables, vendors, sellers, and Santas that you have to work your way through to enter any store that is a nightmare until itself. I avoid all big box, grocery, drug, etc... stores as much as possible during the holidays but this morning I really wanted water so off I went to Ralphs.
I spotted the table as soon as I parked. It's only 9:00 am and already a kid was stuck at a table outside the entrance to the store. Being only one table I decided to risk it and go inside. As I approached the boy scout asked the man in front of me, "want to buy some mistletoe?"  The man ducked and ran. The kid looked defeated. I'd be defeated too if that was how I was spending my Sunday. I got asked the same question but at least I told the kid "no" and looked at him instead of running. But then while buying my water I felt bad for the kid and the parents and scout troop that forced him into working a table by himself. Next thing I knew, $2 was in my hand I was going home with a bag of mistletoe.

Bah humbug indeed. Tiny Tim would be proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list