Wales at Last!

It took a few attempts and then about a month ago I made the effort and set aside vacation time and cashed in hotel points to go to Cardiff, Wales. Having been to the rest of the UK and Ireland, this gap needed to be filled, fueled on in part by watching Torchwood. I have to say, the city looks much bigger on TV than real life. After the flight I caught the Cardiff Central train from London Paddington and two hours later I'm here!
Cardiff is two hours by train. After the first hour the landscape and villages start to change. The old churches remain in the towns and I missed more photo ops but realized, I was going to see plenty of these.
 And another one.
 It was almost a shock to arrive in Cardiff and have a real city again! This is the view from my hotel room. The structure is the stadium. Turns out I arrived on the day of a major college rugby tournament and the city is packed with students.

Comments

  1. The landscape is so green and the skies are so gray. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list