Well that was unexpcted - Osteoporosis

First, I have to learn to spell the word and second, I have to wrap my head around the concept that I have Osteoporosis in my hips. It seems that Vitamin D deficiency was going on a pretty long time. So bulk up people!

Yesterday I had the early morning speed service - Mammogram, Bone Density Scan, and what seems so long ago, the happiness in being free to travel with my Yellow Fever Vaccine. I was done with all three by 8:50 am and at 3:00 pm the doctor called. Now I know enough that when the doctor calls so soon it isn't good news. Of course my mind went to the worst - breast cancer. Even though there was absolutely no reason to jump to that conclusion.

And I don't have cancer.

I do have Osteoporosis in both hips and lumbar. I get the numbers mailed to me this week.

The prescription - Take more Vitamin D, exercise more, especially stairs and weights, and take
Fosamax once a week.

I knew I was going to get this at some point but I was thinking 68. My mom had it and my dad's mother so genetics on both sides of the family were coming my way.

They just came soon. Bummer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog