Taxes X 2 = ugh

Something in my Turbo Tax guaranteed done right State Tax Refund has gone awry. After 10 weeks of waiting I finally called the help number to find out where my taxes are and the agent found out it was stuck in queue but couldn't fix it. The tax filing is now sent to the Processing Center for review and sorting and due to a backlog, it will be two weeks (probably more) before anyone even looks at it. Ack!

Then the wonderful mortgage envelope shows up today stating that I have a $1700 shortage in escrow due to higher state property tax. Those three years of tax breaks didn't go back to the original level when the grace period ended, they rose to a higher rate than I bought the house for or could even sell now.

Venting on my blog since there's nothing to do but wait on the first and pay the second.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list