Invisalign with Yertle - September Update

Turns out that I didn't need to wait for the dentist to return, the office Invisalign expert could handle the next set of attachments for the Refinement. So I was expecting maximum 8 trays since after all it was only #14 and correcting the overbite. Wrong! 17 trays. At 8-10 days per tray that's another 5 months. Lesson learned for anyone considering Invisalign, it will go on longer than you thought.

Right away I can tell this tray is a better fit. The last few trays went on and off so easily and seemed almost too big with no way to move teeth. This one is in business and #14 fits in it's slot and it seems that the front teeth are getting pushed back in. Good so far.

The attachments are also different. I have less of them (good) but some are much larger (bad) and I'm even more aware of them. This also makes it more difficult to put the retainers on and off. It's not a good sign when you leave the office with emergency full strength orajel as a precaution. I haven't needed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog