No Home, Hotel Hopping

Time to explain the blogging gap. On February 18th, I essentially mopped myself out of the house and locked the door. After having the movers put items I wanted in storage, friends take away items for charity, and 800-Got Junk remove the rest, I was living on an air mattress and not much else was left. All that remained to be done was to move my personal stuff to OB's house and pack up what was needed for back to back work trips. From there it has been non-stop hotel hopping and I still haven't spent a night where my stuff is and I'm supposed to be living. Instead, it will be at Homer's house later this week to cat sit, then back to hotels for a couple more nights.

The house officially went on the market today.  The backyard was redone, the interior painted, and based on realtor preview, the price dropped slightly to match the market. Now it's a wait and see. In the meantime I'm mentally planning to do some airbnb stays in different neighborhoods to see what it's like to live there. Hotels are a bit too expensive full time and I don't like eating out all the time. Based on my schedule, that's at least a month away. I think it would be fun to live like a local in Laguna Beach or parts of LA, and even downtown SD during baseball season. 

But I miss the beach and my Carlsbad life so who knows, I might just buy there and stay put. I'll have to wait and see what awaits me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list