Merida - Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

A recent trip took me to Merida, located on the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico. This isn't a beach resort town and it's not touristy. There are many jungle areas around and work had time for one trip out to the Hacienda Sotuta de Peon. The buffet lunch was the best food I had in Merida so if you end up there for an event you can look forward to eating. Other than that, your interest will depend on if you like farms, heat, Hacienda history, or want to swim in a Cenote.  My picture taking was not at it's best that day so here's a little of what you'll see.
Old Carriages
Mules. Sightseeing is in a cart pulled by a mule.
Lots of greenery.

Then you climb down stairs and go underground and can swim if you like.
And old cars.




Comments

  1. Hello Karen. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and your interest in travel. The blog post is worth visiting with the old car and carriage with beautiful stream and horse. I do remember visiting your blog earlier but did not know whether I have commented on your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog