Darn! I don't know what came over me when I booked my SLC trip through SFO! The fog delays get me every time! I knew it was bad when all the SAN departures were delayed but I had a long layover so I wasn't too worried. It was when I got to SFO that the problems began. Delay after delay. I think the plane finally left 2.5 hours after the original time and I finally got into SLC at 11:00 pm. I did have Famous Person Sighting on my SFO commuter shuttle, it was Richard Kiel of James Bond fame. He's the big guy who played Jaws, with the metal teeth. He's still pretty big and has that voice that you don't want to hear in a dark alley.

Anyhow on Friday we did the usual SLC routine. Slept in, ate, hung out, slept some more, ate again, and gathered relatives. Cheryl and Scott were having an Open House reception, having been married earlier in the Mormon Temple. Everything was very informal and we had a great time playing with the chocolate fountain, the newest take on fondue.

I also had the opportunity to catch up with my cousins and meet their children. The reception went by all to fast for me. My little cousin Lizzy, all of 11, has made me promise to e-mail and send photos so I guess I have a new e-pal now!

The trip home was nice and smooth, having been sensibly booked through LAX. I'm wishing for that chocolate fountain right about now though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list