Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - When will studios realize that audiences can handle a 3 hour movie if it's done right? This HP installment was 2.5 hours and we needed that extra 30 minutes of the story to leave satisfied. It seems like the movie just hit it's stride after 2 hours and then, school is over for the term.

As with any HP movie, it takes 2 showings to appreciate what's going on since so much happens. With this movie, if you haven't read the book, you might be lost from time to time. A lot of material is crammed in a short space of time. I was almost annoyed when all of a sudden (and it did feel abrupt) that the movie was over.

The three main actors continue to do a fantastic job of bringing Harry, Hermione, & Ron to life, and Alan Rickman continues to shine in his role of Snape.

I liked this HP movie but I'm not sure I loved it. I'll wait until I see it again to decide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog