After lagging for the past few weeks, I finally took my car into the dealer to get the A/C fixed. I'm in Santa Barbara on business and there's a Ponitac dealer nearby. Since the car is only a few months old and has 8500 miles, it fell under the warranty category. Of course the dealer calls this morning to let me know that the part was out of town and could they keep the car a while? That would be no.

I told him that I was getting my car tomorrow A/C or not. They asked, will you bring it back if we order the part? That also would be no. I live in Carlsbad and I am not driving back to Santa Barbara to replace the part.

I'm then told that they'll get the part and have the car ready today. Okay, now we're talking.

So I go back to the dealer this evening to rescue my car. The dealer brings it out and as he drives it up to me, he looks at me very seriously and says, "just between you and me." And then he stops. I'm looking at him like "Yeah?" Reply- "I know you've been off-roading your car at the beach and in Palm Desert."

Dead stare. How on earth do I repond to that? I wanted to laugh. The idea of me driving that silly Pontiac off-road is the most bizarre scenario I've heard in a while. Sadly, the guy was serious. No amount of talk would convince him that I was a responsible driver. He finally looks at me and says, "the part was cracked and when we pulled it out, all this sand came out of your car. It looks like you went through a sandstorm."

Now it clicks! I did drive through a sandstorm in Palm Springs back in late March/early April. I was so bad I couldn't even see the road and there was a bunch of sand on the road!

The dealer didn't buy into it. He gave me a second lecture about off-roading and left me with a warning that next time it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

Okay. I give up. I promise not to drive my car through the wild sand dunes of San Diego and Los Angeles ever again.

Comments

  1. don't lie... you know you went off-roading! :) that is hilarious!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mid-Trip Relocation Day