More Star Wars goodness! The soundtrack for "Revenge of the Sith" (ROTS from this point forward) arrived on Tuesday. I popped it in the cd and gave it a first run today. I have to say that I'm disappointed that there is no stand-out new score for this movie. In TPM, we had Duel of the Fates, and Qui-Gon's funeral and in AOTC there was the love theme, Across the Stars. There's nothing like that in this score for the next movie.

What John Williams did was blend in the themes from the previous 5 movies to bring everything together in the final film. Sometimes I liked it (Vader's theme) and sometimes it just didn't work for me. (Anything with battle droids) I'll listen to it a few more times before I see the movie and maybe once I have the film to put with the music, I'll like the score better.

I also have the Star Wars TV Guide in my hands. There are a few cool pictures inside but nothing new as far as movie content. I did see that the R2D2 cookie jar that I purchased with a friend as a wedding gift many years ago is now selling for $90 on eBay. For SW, that's a pretty slim ROI. I think we paid $30 for it way back when.

Two weeks and counting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid-Trip Relocation Day