Appaloosa

A western or a dog movie were pretty much the choices this week so I went for the western. I guess Appalossa can best be summed up as a movie you sorta like and don't really hate. I have the feeling that the book is a better read. So on to it.

What I liked:

The friendship and humor between the Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen characters. They are the good guys that could be bad guys in the way that they always are in westerns. The peace enforcer job description works well for both of them.

The bad guys. They were bad guys. Jeremy Irons was perfect.

Dislike:

Renee Zellweger was probably not the best choice for the love interest damsel in need.

The 108 minutes went by really, really, slow.

When it was all over, I forgave the tediousness of Appaloosa because it ended the right way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog