The Spirit

The Spirit is in the visual style of Sin City which gives you something to look at even during the slower paced scenes. Based on a comic book the story centers on a cop who came back from the dead and is now immune to death and his nemesis Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson) who is a bad guy, also immune to death. The basic premise of the movie is about the two and their personal fight that involves the posse from both sides.

I didn't love this movie and at best I can say I mildly liked it. The visuals were good, the side plots unique, and Samuel L. Jackson as Octopus was fun to watch. The movie itself plodded along and in no way was the Spirit believable as a ladies man. The character you're supposed to care about was dull and the bad guys outshone the good guys for entertainment value.

What I liked - the visuals, the over-the-top bad guy storytelling (Nazi's & all), the mindless clones, and the music. You could look at this as a two hour music video I guess.

What I didn't like - slow paced, too much exposition on the back story, the Lorelei death character (not really needed for the movie) and a dull hero.

Not for small children who love cats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list