Arrival in Dubai

9:30 pm and I am settling back into a familiar routine. Get into the room and wait for luggage. Doorbell rings - luggage is here. Wait for iron & ironing board (rarely in rooms over here and have to be requested) doorbell rings and said products arrive. Turn on Internet (Youch over $35 with today's exchange rates!) and load email while ironing. Phone rings and team starts checking in. Guarantee of English language paper in the morning and extra meetings getting scheduled within the first 30 minutes.

So this is my time. I may be jet lagged from 2.5 days worth of travel but it's not noticeable except in my typing and the reflection in the mirror. If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up at 3:30 am and that will be that. Best to continue on with the usual. The big word about town is yesterday's sandstorm and I'm hoping part two won't pick up tomorrow. The weather turned hot this week about a month earlier than normal. At 84f at night it will go well above 90f in the day. I think 33c was the temp today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog