Cruising the Danube

Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin.

Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week.
Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates.
Looking over at the dam on the river.
View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.










Comments

  1. Do you get any sea sickness on these river boats? KR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sea sickness, there's not really any motion in the water. It's more like floating in a water park river ride in an inner tube.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list