(500) Days of Summer

(500) Days of Summer was the weekend movie because I thought it was about 500 days of summer vacation. Not! My bad.

Instead of a happy daydream movie, I was in a quirky quasi romance movie of boy meets and loses girl; girl's said name Summer. 500 days with her.

I was good for about 250 of them and then it was time to end the relationship.

Not that the movie was horrible, in fact it was original, tried something new, and even had moments where I enjoyed what was going on.

But no vacation.

The audience was mixed in age from 18 to about 80 so I'm not sure if any target audience was reached. You're either going to go see it because you've heard the buzz from Sundance or you're not going to see it.

I liked the use of back and forth time in the relationship. We start in the middle and jump to Day 1, then forward, then back and so on. I liked the characters but will soon forget them. I liked that the different viewpoints were used and no one size fits all for relationships.

(500) Days of Summer has a run time of 95 minutes. Consider renting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog