Shots are Done!

Typhoid and Meningitis shots were on today's list. The doctor told me I could have Hep B but I passed since I'm going out of town tomorrow and didn't want to risk it. The nurse was nervous about giving me the shots since she didn't want me passing out. Really shots are not the problem and never have been. It's what happens afterwards that isn't fun.

The CDC list states that very few side effects happen with the Meningitis vaccine except for sore arm. Check. I have a sore arm. Best part about this is I'm covered with this vaccine for life.

The CDC list also states that less than 7% of the population has a reaction to the Typhoid vaccine but that reaction includes erythmia. - Rapid heart beat, lightheadedness. Bing! Now this is the second time that a doctor has asked if I have panic attacks about shots or new situations. Nope. I panic on rollar coasters but that's solved by not going on rollar coasters.

What a relief the blood pressure/heart rate machine backed me up. This was a minor reaction. I was only under supervision for 90 minutes although this afternoon from time to time I can feel the vaccine cycyling through. Bummer thing is, Typhoid only lasts 2-3 years so this is my window to go to not so great places.

I left with a prescription for anti-malerial pills. The doctor promised they would only upset my stomach. I can take that. Also have prescription for cipro in case something else messes with my stomach. I can take that too.

The doctor said to skip the Hep B vaccine unless I plan to be reckless with needles, sex, or tattoos in Kenya. I agreed to those conditions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog