Marine Room Report

I've lived in San Diego my whole life and somehow never managed to eat at the Marine Room. Admittedly it has one of the best ocean dining views ever and that's really why you're there, more so than for the food. I went for a special December holiday brunch and at $32, that's pretty average for a Sunday brunch. My omelette above was crab, cheese and chive. Yum. But, I didn't take a bite out of it, the omelette maker seemed to be having trouble today. As he flipped the shrimp in the pan that were cooking for the next omelette, about half the shrimp took up flight and ended up on the floor behind him. He shrugged and added in eggs. The witnesses chose to decline comment.
Sherry's been there several times in the last few months and was recognized by the manager. Side benefit - free, unlimited mimosas!

Afterwards, a quick trip to the Shores. What I liked the best about the Marine Room was of course the view (we had the front seats) and my mangled omelette. The cold seafood buffet was nothing that you can't get at Karl Strauss but the cheese platter seemed to be a hit with almost everyone. The side items were good and the bacon was perfect crispy. I tried the seafood crepes but I ate them before I remembered to take a picture.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog