Friday Night Working

Work or go out?  The question was moot since it took 2.5 hours to get back from LA and start printing. Turns out that it is harder to get a Visa for Pakistan these days. This time I had to meet with the Consular for a brief interview. "What is your company?"  "Oh." As he flips through my passport "you sure travel a lot. I've always wanted to go to Cairo and Lebanon, what are they like?" Overall a nice chat and it turns out that his assistant attends meetings in Carlsbad once in a while.  Last year I was done in two hours. Today, 1.5 for the review and return at 4 pm for pick-up.

Huh. I guess return at 4 really meant be here at 3:30 and wait because we close at 4. Traffic on the 405 meant I was there at 4:13 and slightly panicked when I saw the shutters drawn on the windows. Luckily the assistant was still at work and he got the lady (she had ignored my frantic knocking and calling her) to retrieve my passport from the chair (I could see it) and off I went.

All this leads to why I'm super-printing right now since I had thought that I would be home by 1 pm and done with work at 5 pm. Lesson learned for next year.  Trivia - turns out that a brand new color ink cartridge even when printing on draft setting can't handle the print job that I'm doing? Back to Staples in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list