Home. Tired. Dehydrated.

Ah, the travel and work pace finally caught up with me. Too much going on and only one day in-between trips isn't working for my peace of mind or my body. While in Jakarta my body decided to let me know it's not amused and ramped up a freakish anxiety attack on my senses. Try talking and training while your brain is spinning. It's not easy.

The only way through was to keep working. After all, Indonesia isn't my first choice for medication and eating fresh fruit there is risky. I'm not saying the fruit isn't tasty but I've learned the hard way, even a bite is a bite too much.

I actually had to call the doctor and make an appointment for when I came home to check myself out. That said appointment was today. The verdict - (I could be a celeb) exhaustion and dehydration with a touch of depression and anxiety. Okay then! So finished a yoga session, drank plenty of water, am eating an organic squash enchilada (such things do exist) and typing this out.

Lesson learned - I must relax. Since I have confirmed I don't have an eating disorder (I'm not underweight world!) and have a ton of energy, the doctor wants to run a test to see if I have an over-active thyroid. I don't. This is one of the things I am sure about. When I'm home for a few weeks, eating, drinking, goofing off, I can pack on some pounds. Put me back on the road in a country where I can't eat, the weight goes off.

This is my tale for the day. 2 more days at home and then I start the trip to Denmark. At least I can eat there and they have good beer. And water. Can't forget the water.

Comments

  1. Glad nothing physically wrong. And you know how I feel about water. Just drank three liters on my hike and drank four glasses this morning before hiking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list