After 7 weeks on the road, I can finally look forward to 7 nights of sleep in my own home! It is a wonderful feeling to wake up and know where you are! Best of all, no matter how tough this week is, on the 26th I'll be on a plane that's headed to Denmark!

So now it's time to get caught up with life. Later today I'll go see Batman Begins. I may even have time to remind myself what a beach looks like.

I learned a new thing this week. I have an addiction.

Not to drugs, alcohol, or any traditional addictions.

No, it's far worse.....It's verbal.

I state the obvious!

I don't know when it took place but I know the process was built up over the past 2-3 years. It might have started slowly, without notice, and then one day every sentence contained an obvious statement.

"It's raining. When we go outside, we need to open our umbrellas." Well, duh! If an umbrella is in someone's hand and it's raining, more than likely that person was already going to open the umbrella.

It gets worse. "Turn off your laptop before we pack up and go to the car." OMG! Everyone knows to turn off a laptop before shutting down and packing up!

I need a 10 Step program. "Hi, my name is Karen and I state the obvious."

That would be a scary group. "So Karen, do you state the obvious?" is the response that I would get.

Luckily the problem has been identified and an intervention is in process. I will overcome this addiction.

Stay tuned later this week. The story of the fortune cookie will be revealed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog