COASTAL AREAS OF CALIFORNIA - OREGON - WASHINGTON - BRITISHCOLUMBIA - AND ALASKA....THE TSUNAMI WARNING AND WATCH STATUS IS CANCELED FOR CALIFORNIA - OREGON - WASHINGTON - BRITISH COLUMBIA - AND ALASKA...

It's good to know that today's media is so excited for another tsunami, that newscasters managed to panic coastal residents for thousands of miles. My neighbor came rushing out her house to call out "tsunami" in 3 hours! She was ready to evacuate. We could not convice her that while we are near the beach, it is a good mile away, with a major freeway inbetween us and a nice rolling hill. She was still ready to go to higher ground, bathrobe and all.

Luckily, the Weather Channel has announced the cancellation of the alert. I guess I can sleep now and not have to worry about being washed away.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:19 AM

    I totally freaked out. There was an emergency broadcast on the TV with no details at all. I started surfing the net for info but it was more than a half hour before we heard anything concrete. The Emergency Broadcast System website does not broadcast emergencies. CNN didn't have a story on its website until after the warning was cancelled. We had to rely on good old-fashioned TV.

    I called Miss Kitty (who lives down the street from me nearer the beach and goes to bed really early-we have a plan-we leave everything and run to the top of Ocean Beach hill). She said, Are you kidding? I said, NO, I AM NOT KIDDING.

    Too much excitement.

    Mondo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a bar drinking beer and knew nothing about the warning until after it was cancelled. I was 15 miles inland, so I was safe to drink 'till midnight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list