My struggle with AT&T to remove the phone charge last month continues on. Three days ago, the utilities commission sent a letter to let me know they were investigating my complaint. I called them the next day and told them the status was resolved and that they didn't need to do any work on the case. I guess they weren't going to let it go so easily because today I had a call from AT&T from the same lady who had been so incredulously shocked that I would even try to reverse the charge. I actually felt sorry for her because no one wants to make that call to a customer who is pissed off at them and I'm sure she was still mad at me. Anyhow, she apologized and then went on to say that yes, this type of DSL confusion does happen. Whatever. I assumed the whole thing was a done deal as I hung up the phone.

It never is. I went to the mailbox and there was a bill from AT&T for 87 cents. I guess when the charges were reversed, AT&T didn't calculate correctly. I think I'll wait for them to call me for the money.

Then I saw the insurance notice for the replacement of my crown. Denied. I have bad insurance but this was over the top. I guess they want x-rays of the broken crown and the dental office will have to rebill.

I'm annoyed at the world for hitting me with extra bills. As usual, when I'm in this mood, something happens to remind me how lucky I am.

I'm in line at Kohls with a new supply of airport socks in hand. Since you have to go shoeless these days, I'm not going to be the one with gross socks. I'm thinking about AT&T, the dentist, and the trip when the women behind me start freaking out. I look around and they're staring at the little kid in front of the register. He's about 2, in shorts and a t-shirt and he has just pee'd his pants. And the floor. And he moved around while doing so and created a nice big pee line. His mother had that look of someone who wants to see a hole open up in the floor so she can fall into it.

It just shows that no matter how bad your day is going, the odds are good that someone else is having a far worse day.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    We should have gone out and had that beer after all...

    Ms. Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list