Ramadan is here. The decorations are going up and all the liquor bottles have been removed from the shelves and locked away. Everyone is hung over from their last night of drinking and more people are wearing the traditional garb and robes. You'd think the traffic would let up but it gets only more crazy. The horns never stop honking and there is a constant mass of cars going over the bridges. Along the Nile, it's somewhat peaceful, if you can tune everything else out. Evening prayer has started and it looks like sunset to me so everyone can eat now.

Comments

  1. How is it that you keep ending up in the Middle East during Ramadan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go figure. Now it will almost become tradition. At least I'm not in Kuwait where it's illegal to eat! The hotel stock-piled up the fruit plates in my room for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list