Something is always happening somewhere. I returned to London on Saturday to find out there were 20,000 people staging a protest in Trafalgar Square. What’s up with that? I can get that in the Middle East anytime but who needs all these people clogging up the tubes? All of the bus routes and tourist destinations were impacted by the protest. The cruise on the Thames will have to wait for another time. The British Pound exchange rate is really easy to figure out now. Just double the price and there’s the USD. Hotel Hoppa $8, Internet $30, a basic nothing meal $20. It’s hard to be a tourist here.

I can’t overlook the main reason why I choose London for this trip - it allowed me to finally reach the top level of status on United Airlines! Now I have to hope UA manages to stay in business for another year so I can enjoy the benefits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list