Of Corn and Clooney

In no possible way should corn and George Clooney ever be linked except in my brain. Dreams like this are a sure sign that too much is going on in my head. Normally I dream about work, online activity, and the usual nonsense dreams.

This week I've been writing corn cob cooking and holding procedures. This should be easy but when it has to be technical and easy with visual training materials, corn can be quite time consuming. So when Mondo called the other night, I was deep into day one of corn.

Mondo's call had to do with Cesar Chavez Day which I didn't realize existed in holiday form. It's not on my work calendar so in my mind, it doesn't exist. I guess the creators of the work calendar don't include holidays that we don't get as days off so we don't get ideas. Anyhow, the call (before Mondo explained I thought she was in a random world of her own) set off the conversation about theater and Mondo's new exploration. This later brought in the Clooney factor in my mind of connections and getting things going.

Two unrelated events both sunk deep into my subconscious. I woke myself up that night dreaming about eating corn and my clinched jaws (always when I'm stressed) this time were moving in the direction of eating corn on the cob. AAAGH!

I woke up shortly later dreaming that Clooney and I were eating together at the same restaurant but because of the Mondo theory that we can never touch, we were at separate tables in opposite corners. Mondo was freaking over Clooney.

Sleep was out of the question after that.

Corn documentation is done for one region and 95% complete for the other.

I'm writing about breakfast today.

Comments

  1. Good to know other's have strange dreams too. Also, now I know why there was no trash pick-up on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:33 PM

    Heh. You know I am right.

    Mondo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 AM

    So, that's where the corn on the cob came from for dinner!

    LJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list