So here I am at the end of the trip, 12 days after I left. I'm back at the Auckland airport just hanging out and waiting for the men's 200 to come on in Athens. Yesterday was my last day in Brisbane and I spent it wandering around the downtown area, cruising the walkways and buying lots of stuff under the influence of Margaret. It occurs to me that this travel log was very light on the drinking tales but that's only because we had a different bottle or two of aussie wine every evening with dinner and there was nothing outrageous going on. Just good company and some of the best wine in the world. Some of you will be lucky to try it as I'm bringing it back home.

It's hard to reflect over the last two weeks as it went by so fast. My highlights included:
Holding a koala
Setting down in NZ for the first time
Living the Aussie life
Meeting new friends
Planning to return

I'd really like to spend more time in NZ and see Wellington and Christchurch but in the summer months when the sky is not covered in cold rain clouds. I'll be home in 20 hours or so and hopefully have my first pictures posted in 48.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list