This week finds me on the island of Oahu for a few days. It's a business trip and the timing was perfect to give me a break from the stress of the last couple of weeks. It's not paradise though. Being President's weekend, all the hotels were either sold out or the prices jacked up beyond the budget so I am at an old Best Western right off the freeway and next to the airport. It's noisy! The A/C is on autopilot so I'm also freezing in my room. Beach? Well I can see Waikiki about 10 miles away but the traffic will keep me away tonight.

There is a saving grace though. - Maui Tacos is only 35 minutes away! Yes, I really had nothing better to do this evening than to take a drive to Kailua and eat at Maui Tacos.

At least it's not raining. There's some sun and dark clouds but no rain. I thought I would never make it to the airport this morning without a boat! Well maybe tomorrow I'll remember my camera and send a picture too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list